[GE users] /etc/security/limits.conf

Andy Schwierskott andy.schwierskott at sun.com
Mon Jun 25 11:24:13 BST 2007

Hi,

are we talking about a tight integraiton where the OMPI taks is a chhild
process of the shepherd?

The process limit "max locked memory" is not set by SGE. So it would be
inherited by the the SGE execd which in turn inherits this value from its
parent process - this is "init" at boot time. If this is the root of your
problem you may set any other value for soft and hard limits on the execd
startup script.

Andy