[GE users] Project Berlin 1.0 alpha

Mon Jun 25 23:26:25 BST 2007

I chose to go with zlogin for exactly the reason you point out:
zone_enter() is not part of an exposed (or documented) API.  In Roland's
original integration, he did exactly what you described.  That works
great if you're ok with changing the Grid Engine source code.  Without
changing the source code, it's a bit more difficult.  I took the least
invasive, most standard approach.  If/when zone_enter() becomes exposed,
the proto-shepherd will become simpler.  Without changing the execd
binary, though, the proto-shepherd won't go away.

Daniel