[GE users] Building qmon/SGE on GNU/Linux

Jeff Grant jgrant at voicesignal.com
Tue Jun 26 18:56:00 BST 2007

Andre Alefeld wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>
> No, we build it for various linux distros as tar.gz and try to keep it
> running on older distributions.
> Since at some point we decided to link against shared motif libs the
> motif version jumps in the different
> linux distros and missing backward compatibility libs cause some minor
> headaches. Linux != Linux (as far as distributions are concerned) But
> volunteers are always welcome...
>
> Andre

Thanks again for the tips.

What I'm trying to do is build SGE locally on my workstation, and I'm
having a heck of a time trying to get all the weird combinations of
./aimk -etc -etc to work properly.

Most important, I just want to build qmon and get it up and running and
see if it segfaults on my workstation as it has on a series of other
workstations we compiled it for.

I'm wondering what's a basic ./aimk one-liner that will allow me to test
qmon where:

SGE_ROOT=/opt/SGE

Again, your help greatly appreciated.

-Jeff