[GE users] SGE - host configuration question

Oded Haim-Langford odedhl at marvell.com
Wed Jun 27 11:09:09 BST 2007

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help me out in some configuration issue
concerning the SGE.

I am looking for a way to automatically bind host number of CPUs to the
number of slots, but to still be able to override this per host/host
group. I wish that by adding a host group to a queue, the queue will
recognize the TOTAL number correctly, and not according to the host
group total (default 1 slot per configured host).

Currently when I add a host group composed of 3 hosts containing 5 CPUs
to a queue, I will see the queue has TOTAL of: 3 slots.

I wish to bind a CPU to a slot in a way that the above would result in
TOTAL of: 5 slots

Is It possible to configure number of slots execution host has from the
command line ?

Thanks in advance.

Oded