[GE users] SGE - host configuration question

Ravi Chandra Nallan Ravichandra.Nallan at Sun.COM
Wed Jun 27 11:47:08 BST 2007

Oded Haim-Langford wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I was wondering if someone could help me out in some configuration
> issue concerning the SGE.
>

> I am looking for a way to automatically bind host number of CPUs to
> the number of slots, but to still be able to override this per
> host/host group. I wish that by adding a host group to a queue, the
> queue will recognize the TOTAL number correctly, and not according to
> the host group total (default 1 slot per configured host).

qconf -sq | grep slots, setting this would configure the no.of slots a
host (configured as a part of this q ) can offer.

> Currently when I add a host group composed of 3 hosts containing 5
> CPUs to a queue, I will see the queue has TOTAL of: 3 slots.
>
> I wish to bind a CPU to a slot in a way that the above would result in
> TOTAL of: 5 slots

In your case where the slots offered by the hosts (as a part of this q)
differ,you can configure a per host value,
eg:
qconf -sq | grep slots
slots   1,[muhost1=2]

Hope this helps,