[GE users] SGE - host configuration question

Fred Youhanaie fly at anydata.co.uk
Wed Jun 27 13:27:18 BST 2007

Oded Haim-Langford wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> Where can I find the queue template so I could edit it,
> is it in a file under the installation, or should it be edited manually
> through qconf command line ?

Hi Oded,

Use the qconf -mattr or qconf -rattr.

Changing the files directly is not safe at all.

Dan's slides posted in the link below are very good, and explain the use
of the qconf -*attr command (page 13)

https://www.middleware.georgetown.edu/confluence/display/HPCT/Advanced+Sun+Grid+Engine+Configuration+and+Administration

BTW, the pdf is 2.7MB and 243 pages long!

Cheers
f.

p.s. Good work, Dan :)