[GE users] Testing Grid Engine while running another job queing system?

Atwood, Robert C r.atwood at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Jun 27 16:32:16 BST 2007

Is it straightforward to install Grid Engine while also running Torque ,
so that I can try it out without inconveniencing the users? Any issues I
should be aware of that I might have missed in the docs I've looked at?
I did not see any specific reference to installing and testign grid
engine while running another queue system

Anyone care to sing the praises of this system over Torque or PBS  (or
vice versa) ? My specific reason for wanting to try another system is
that it appears that Torque does not actually assign jobs to hosts based
on the requested / available memory, it seems that this should be
allowed with GridEngine if I've understood the documents correctly.

Thanks in advance for any help
Robert