[GE users] Assigning queue through drmaa

Wed Jun 27 18:20:21 BST 2007

Ryan,

Of course, the "proper" way would be to use a job category.  (See
JobTemplate.setJobCategory()).  Both the native specification and the
job category do roughly the same thing, but the job category introduces
a level of indirection that makes your app easier to port to another DRM
later.  With the native specification, you hard-code into your app the
DRM-specific commands you want to use.  With the job category, you
hard-code into your app a name to be used to look up the DRM-specific
commands.

I guess I should probably blog this topic, since it's a fairly common
question...

Daniel

Andreas.Haas at Sun.COM wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Jun 2007, Ryan Golhar wrote:
>
>> I'm using the Java drmaa interface to submit jobs.  How do I control
>> which
>> queue a job is submitted to?  I don't see any mention of this in the
>> javadocs.
>
> Just use setNativeSpecification("-q queue_name") before you pass the
> JobTemplate to runJob(). At large any qsub(1) otpion can be passed to
> setNativeSpecification(). As for more precise documentation I
> recommend the "drmaa_native_specification" paragraph in the C library
> man page drmaa_attributes(3).
>
> Regards,
> Andreas

    [ Part 2: "Attached Text" ]