[GE users] Testing Grid Engine while running another job queing system?

Fred Youhanaie fly at anydata.co.uk
Wed Jun 27 18:31:18 BST 2007

Hi Robert,

A few years ago we migrated a cluster from PBS to SGE. This was done in
steps, we excluded nodes from the PBS side and added them to SGE in
small chunks, and eventually turned off PBS.

One of the main issues/annoyances to watch out for is that both systems
use the same command names such as qsub and qstat, but different ways of
  interpreting the command line options!

1. Make sure that for SGE users the two sets of PATHs do not get in each
others' ways.

2. If you have the commands embedded in scripts, then you need to update
those scripts accordingly.

Good luck
f.