[GE users] change number of processors

Ionel GARDAIS ionel.gardais at tech-advantage.com
Thu Jun 28 10:27:22 BST 2007

Hi Davide,

You should try :
$ qconf -mq all.q (or whatever queue where your host is registered on)

Watch for the 'slots' line and modify any direct reference to your host
([your.host=1])
If you plan to upgrade multiple exec nodes, you can consider declaring
the 'slots' like :
    slots                 2,[not.yet.upgraded.host=1]
which set the number of available slots of all machines in the queue to
'2' and force one of them to '1'.

The magic also apply if you declared "administrative hostgroups" :
    slots               [@dualcpu=2],[@monocpu=1]
then you have just to put the correct host on the right hostgroup.

Hope this helps,
Ionel

--
Ionel GARDAIS