[GE users] Reservations

Thu Jun 28 11:10:34 BST 2007

Hi Alexander,

there is no means to achieve this with classic resource reservation (RR).

Advance reservation (AR) however would allow this. With AR you could
use

    qrsub -l mem_free=5G -a <start_time> -d <duration>

to request a handle for the memory reservation that could then be used
with job submission

    qsub -l mem_free=5G,lic_feature=5 -ar <AR_id> jobscript

find more details on AR under

    http://gridengine.sunsource.net/source/browse/*checkout*/gridengine/doc/devel/rfe/AdvanceReservationSpecification.html

would this solve your case?

Regards,
Andreas

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007, alexander.knoll at qimonda.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a question for the reservations feature -R y to qsub. Is there a
> possibility to limit a reservation to only some resources? As far as I
> know a -R y will reserve all consumable resources which are given with
> -l.
>
> What I would want to have is a possibility like -soft and -hard.
>
> An example would be:
>
>  qsub -R y -l mem_free=5G -R n -l lic_feature=5 jobscript
>
> Alex

http://gridengine.info/

Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Marcel Schneider, Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Boemer