[GE users] change number of processors

Davide Cittaro davide.cittaro at ifom-ieo-campus.it
Thu Jun 28 11:15:32 BST 2007

Hi Lonel

On Jun 28, 2007, at 11:27 AM, Ionel GARDAIS wrote:

> Hi Davide,
>
> You should try :
> $ qconf -mq all.q (or whatever queue where your host is registered on)
>
> Watch for the 'slots' line and modify any direct reference to your
> host ([your.host=1])

Yep, I can assign two slots to that machine, but GE only sees one CPU:

$ qconf -sep
HOST                      PROCESSOR        ARCH
alpha2.bioinfo.ifom-ieo-          2  lx24-alpha
alpha3.bioinfo.ifom-ieo-          1  lx26-alpha

[?]

I wonder if the only way to change this is reinstalling the execd

/*
Davide Cittaro
HPC and Bioinformatics Systems @ Informatics Core

IFOM - Istituto FIRC di Oncologia Molecolare
via adamello, 16
20139 Milano
Italy

tel.: +39(02)574303007