[GE users] Reservations

alexander.knoll at qimonda.com alexander.knoll at qimonda.com
Thu Jun 28 11:32:03 BST 2007

Hi Andreas,

Unfortunately, you are right. What I want to achive is to reserve the 5G
of Memory just to be sure that no other application is consuming it
before the job really use it.

And the job should not start if not at least 5 licenses are available.
This is a job class which is not so important and the license is
expensive. The job will only consume one of these licenses. The
remaining 4 licenses are for important jobs which may follow.

I see some problems with the AR, also. The users have to split the
submit in a reservation (think about start times and durations), wait
for the AR_id and then submit the real job. I am not sure if this is
possible to achieve.

Best regards
Alex