[GE users] drmaa return value for getJobProgramStatus

Ryan Golhar golharam at umdnj.edu
Sat Jun 30 03:27:50 BST 2007

I'm able to successfully submit a job through Drmaa to the appropriate queue
and set other settings.  If the job is running and I call
getJobProgramStatus (Java), I get a return value of Session.Running (32)
which is correct.  Once the job completes, and I call getJobProgramStatus, I
get an exception about the job id not being valid:

org.ggf.drmaa.InvalidJobException: The job specified by the 'jobid' does not
exist.
        at com.sun.grid.drmaa.SessionImpl.nativeGetJobProgramStatus(Native
Method)
        at
com.sun.grid.drmaa.SessionImpl.getJobProgramStatus(SessionImpl.java:213)
        at org.umdnj.JBLAST.LocalSGEBLAST.exeGet(LocalSGEBLAST.java:82)
        at org.umdnj.JBLAST.BlastResultThread.run(BlastResultThread.java:62)

I can interpret this exception as the job has completed, however I don't
think this is the correct way of doing things as I can't tell if the job
complete successfully or if something else happened.   Am I missing
something?

Ryan