[GE users] Boosting users priority

Thu Mar 1 11:20:09 GMT 2007

You could create a pseudo-resource "service" with a high urgency
(see complex(5)) value. What remains as a question is how to restrict
access to that user only. In 6.1 resources access can be managed on
a per users base. In 6.0 some workaround were required such as creating
a cluster queue specifically for that user and attaching the "service"
resource via complex_values in queue_conf(5).

Background information on urgency can be found in sge_priority(5).

Andreas