[GE users] SGE questions

john.li at mindspeed.com john.li at mindspeed.com
Thu Mar 1 17:23:13 GMT 2007

Understood.   I actually tried the second rqs yesterday afternoon.  It
works.

This rqs is great.   It is a huge enhencement for me, a LSF user for many
years.

One other wish,  SGE kills a job too harshly.   I'm aware that I can send
different
kill signal by modifying execd_params.  Still I'm unable to perform what
LSF
does when killing a job.

       By default, sends a set of signals to kill the specified jobs. On
UNIX,
       SIGINT and SIGTERM are sent to give the job a chance to clean up
before
       termination,  then  SIGKILL  is sent to kill the job. The time
interval
       between sending each signal is defined  by  the
JOB_TERMINATE_INTERVAL.

We could recover some usable simulation information from a killed job
by LSF, which first sends a INT to allow job to clean up.   I think SGE
kills a job
with only sending one kill signal.

Thanks,

Reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de>
03/01/07 04:09 AM
Please respond to
users at gridengine.sunsource.net

users at gridengine.sunsource.net
cc

Subject
Re: [GE users] SGE questions

Hi,

Am 28.02.2007 um 19:50 schrieb john.li at mindspeed.com:

> Sorry, everyone.   My resource quota set should be
>
> {
>   name         testq
>   description  "QUEUE testq resource quotas"
>   enabled      TRUE
>   limit        queues {testq} to slots=16
>   limit        users {*} queues {testq} to slots=8
> }
>
> I'm really sorry about this...

the first rule grants access and hence ends the test of further rules
in this set. But you can define a second resource quota set
(containing only the second of your rules) and then you should get
the desired behavior