[GE users] SGE questions

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Mar 1 18:03:04 GMT 2007

Hi,

Am 01.03.2007 um 18:23 schrieb john.li at mindspeed.com:

> Understood.   I actually tried the second rqs yesterday afternoon.
> It works.
>
> This rqs is great.   It is a huge enhencement for me, a LSF user
> for many years.
>
> One other wish,  SGE kills a job too harshly.   I'm aware that I
> can send different
> kill signal by modifying execd_params.  Still I'm unable to perform
> what LSF

you mean the NOTIFY_KILL/SUSP - these are the warnings used by the -
notify option - not the final kill.

> does when killing a job.
>
>        By default, sends a set of signals to kill the specified
> jobs. On UNIX,
>        SIGINT and SIGTERM are sent to give the job a chance to
> clean up before
>        termination,  then  SIGKILL  is sent to kill the job. The
> time interval
>        between sending each signal is defined  by  the
> JOB_TERMINATE_INTERVAL.

You can:

a) use the -notify option to qsub and define a signal of your choice
in SGE's configuration, maybe in a default sge_request always -notify

b) use a custom terminate_method, which will send a signal of your
choice, wait some seconds and send the sigkill (both to the
processgroup i.e.: kill -2 -- -$job_pid)

-- Reuti