[GE users] SGE questions

Olesen, Mark Mark.Olesen at arvinmeritor.com
Fri Mar 2 08:43:28 GMT 2007

> I wish the umask issue could be resolved asap.  Currently, in my
production
> environment,(v6u8) my users have to setup cron jobs to change file
permissions
> since we have no control of it.  This may not be a big issue for people
> who start with SGE, but it is just one more reason for LSF user to resist
> the change.

I'm a bit confused here.
I thought that the SGE_STDOUT_PATH/SGE_STDERR_PATH files should be correctly
created before the prolog is invoked. Doesn't chmod on SGE_STDOUT_PATH and
SGE_STDERR_PATH within a prolog script work?

And if a cron job can be used to fix up file permissions afterwards, surely
an epilog could do the same - but more efficiently, since it already has the
working directory.

In general, I would suspect though that the rest of the group probably
should not have write permission on the files before a job has completed.

/mark

This e-mail message and any attachments may contain legally privileged, confidential or proprietary Information, or information otherwise protected by law of ArvinMeritor, Inc., its affiliates, or third parties. This notice serves as marking of its ?Confidential? status as defined in any confidentiality agreements concerning the sender and recipient. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.