[GE users] I need help badly.

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Fri Mar 2 09:18:15 GMT 2007

Trey wrote:
> OK  I have lost of my notes from when I was trying it on 5.3 (as I
> switched to 6.0) and cant find the exact command to copy a whole
> directory.  I think it was scp -r /sge/default root at centos2.hyper.com
> /sge.  But that doesnt seem to work correctly.  I would like to know how
> to set up the NFS on the linux boxes for ease and so that I know how to
> do it (As you probably already know, I am a windows guy trying to learn
> as I go and this is a project that got thrown in my lap).

Run, don't walk, to your nearest OReilly website and buy
Aeleen Frisch's book
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/esa3/

The third edition is a bit of a doorstop, but don't let that put you
off. You need this book.

Oh, and now that you are an official Unix administrator, you may join
the Scary Devil Monastery. Don't worry, you'll understand this remark in
a year or two  :-) :-)