[GE users] Unknown resource error

Fri Mar 2 13:37:38 GMT 2007

On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, A listner wrote:

> Hi,
> I am running sge6 and just created a new queue called
> access.q, associated it with the hostgroup @access.
> hostgroup has only one machine x10. When I submit the
> job I get following error message.
>
> can not run in queue instance "access.q" because job
> requests unknown resource (dpqueue).
>
> we do have one hostgroup called pdqueue however, x10
> is not part of the hostgroup @access
>
> I have deleted once and re-created hostgroup as well
> as queue as well.
> Any idea?
>
> my job is very simple.
> qsub -q access.q ~/bin/sleeper.sh

S, could you check resource requirements of this job using

    # qstat -r

I suspect a "-l dpqueue=..." somehow came into your job
submission e.g. via $HOME/.sge_request or similar.

Note, there is also qsub -verify option that allows you
to monitor what submit option were in effect before you
send your job to Grid Engine.

Regards,
Andreas