[GE users] SGE questions

john.li at mindspeed.com john.li at mindspeed.com
Fri Mar 2 16:51:14 GMT 2007

Hi Mark,

This permission issue is not just limited to STDOUT and STDERR.   The
problem is if a job
is submitted as -b y, any output the job generates will have a file
permission of 644.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to use any umask to manage output file
permission.

Thanks,

"Olesen, Mark" <Mark.Olesen at arvinmeritor.com>
03/02/07 12:43 AM
Please respond to
users at gridengine.sunsource.net

"'users at gridengine.sunsource.net'" <users at gridengine.sunsource.net>
cc

Subject
RE: [GE users] SGE questions

> I wish the umask issue could be resolved asap.  Currently, in my
production
> environment,(v6u8) my users have to setup cron jobs to change file
permissions
> since we have no control of it.  This may not be a big issue for people
> who start with SGE, but it is just one more reason for LSF user to
resist
> the change.

I'm a bit confused here.
I thought that the SGE_STDOUT_PATH/SGE_STDERR_PATH files should be
correctly
created before the prolog is invoked. Doesn't chmod on SGE_STDOUT_PATH and
SGE_STDERR_PATH within a prolog script work?

And if a cron job can be used to fix up file permissions afterwards,
surely
an epilog could do the same - but more efficiently, since it already has
the
working directory.

In general, I would suspect though that the rest of the group probably
should not have write permission on the files before a job has completed.

/mark

This e-mail message and any attachments may contain legally privileged,
confidential or proprietary Information, or information otherwise
protected by law of ArvinMeritor, Inc., its affiliates, or third parties.
This notice serves as marking of its ?Confidential? status as defined in
any confidentiality agreements concerning the sender and recipient. If you
are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible
for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail
message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message
from your computer.