[GE users] SGE questions

Olesen, Mark Mark.Olesen at arvinmeritor.com
Fri Mar 2 16:57:02 GMT 2007

Hi John,
> This permission issue is not just limited to STDOUT and STDERR.   The
problem is if a job
> is submitted as -b y, any output the job generates will have a file
permission of 644.
> Ideally, I'd like to be able to use any umask to manage output file
permission.

I understand what you mean about umask, but isn't it much more reliable to
explicitly conduct a chmod within the epilog script? This would be similar
to what the cron job is doing, but could be limited to the job directory.
Even when the files are to be shared within the same group, I would
personally have a very bad feeling about having group write permissions on
input files of running jobs.

/mark

This e-mail message and any attachments may contain legally privileged, confidential or proprietary Information, or information otherwise protected by law of ArvinMeritor, Inc., its affiliates, or third parties. This notice serves as marking of its ?Confidential? status as defined in any confidentiality agreements concerning the sender and recipient. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.