[GE users] SGE questions

john.li at mindspeed.com john.li at mindspeed.com
Fri Mar 2 17:48:55 GMT 2007

Hi Mark,

We run many simulation jobs and each one of them would generates thousands
of files.
Using epilog script or using cron jobs to change the permission are all
work arounds to
me.   I'd like to see the files are generated with the proper permission
when they are
created.

Thanks,

"Olesen, Mark" <Mark.Olesen at arvinmeritor.com>
03/02/07 08:57 AM
Please respond to
users at gridengine.sunsource.net

"'users at gridengine.sunsource.net'" <users at gridengine.sunsource.net>
cc

Subject
RE: [GE users] SGE questions

Hi John,
> This permission issue is not just limited to STDOUT and STDERR.   The
problem is if a job
> is submitted as -b y, any output the job generates will have a file
permission of 644.
> Ideally, I'd like to be able to use any umask to manage output file
permission.

I understand what you mean about umask, but isn't it much more reliable to
explicitly conduct a chmod within the epilog script? This would be similar
to what the cron job is doing, but could be limited to the job directory.
Even when the files are to be shared within the same group, I would
personally have a very bad feeling about having group write permissions on
input files of running jobs.

/mark

This e-mail message and any attachments may contain legally privileged,
confidential or proprietary Information, or information otherwise
protected by law of ArvinMeritor, Inc., its affiliates, or third parties.
This notice serves as marking of its ?Confidential? status as defined in
any confidentiality agreements concerning the sender and recipient. If you
are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible
for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail
message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message
from your computer.