[GE users] Testing of the cluster

Rayson Ho rayrayson at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 03:35:07 GMT 2007

On 3/2/07, trey at hyper.com <trey at hyper.com> wrote:
> Now that I got the cluster up and running, I need to know where I can go
> to get scripts or programs to test the clusters, linux and windows.

There are a few examples in $SGE_ROOT/examples/jobs

The simplest job script is simple.sh.

>  We want to test
> using a windows frontends with linux cluster backends.
>
> I also need to know how to unistall the cluster so that I can play around with
> the config and PC layout and know frontwards and backwards on how to install it.

To uninstall the cluster, you can run the following commands:
# ./install_qmaster -um         (uninstall qmaster host)
# ./install_execd -ux              (uninstall execution host)

However, for me, I don't usually use the scripts, but do it in my own ways:

1) shutdown the daemons:
#  ./sgemaster stop
# ./sgeexecd stop

2) delete all the files in $SGE_ROOT