[GE users] resource booking reserve in SGE

Yuan Wan ywan at ed.ac.uk
Mon Mar 5 11:20:52 GMT 2007

Hi all,

My team is looking after a cluster of 512 cores.
We would like to employ shared-tree policy to farely allocate resources.

Now, some user are asking for large mount of resources (about 300
CPU cores) running in short term (2 hours). They would like to book the
resources before using it so that they could aquire very high priority
when they submitting jobs.

Is there any way to implement this kind of policy in SGE 6 ?  (I know SGE
offers reservation functionality, but no idea if it works for my case)

-- Yuan

Unix Section
Information Services Infrastructure Division
University of Edinburgh

tel: 0131 650 4985
email: ywan at ed.ac.uk

2032 Computing Services, JCMB