[GE users] WARNING IN QMON

Jon Forrest jlforrest at berkeley.edu
Tue Mar 6 16:13:25 GMT 2007

Inderpreet wrote:
> hi all
>
> we are using the sunfire v20z grid engine having operating system is
> solaris 10. We are fully succeed in installing the qmaster as well as
> master host. Even qmon is also running but  when we are submitting the
> job using qmon we are getting the
> "WARNING MESSAGE root your job is not allowed to run in any queue".

I recently had the same problem. The person who figured out the solution
here said the following:

"It appears jobs are not running because no nodes have been associated
with any queues.  The nodes appear to be defined, there is a queue
defined, and the queue (all.q) has an associated hostgroup (called
@allhosts) but the host list for @allhosts is empty.

Edit the host group via "qconf -mhgrp @allhosts" to add the nodes  and
all should be well.  You should probably delete the pending jobs to be
on the safe side, though it is not strictly necessary.

Cordially,
--
Jon Forrest
Unix Computing Support