[GE users] About sharing policies

Daniel Sánchez Pedre?o sanatox at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 16:50:14 GMT 2007

Hi all,

i'm trying to setup a new policy in the cluster i admin. i have only one
type of user and when jobs are submitted, i would like to accomplish this:

   - every user has the same priority
   - every user must have access to the same number of processors. this
   means that if we have 64 processors and 4 users, every user will have access
   to 16 of them , unless a user haven't got enough jobs to fill all "his"
   processors

I tried to setup a fairshare policy doing something liike this
http://gridengine.info/articles/2006/01/17/easy-setup-of-equal-user-fairshare-policy
, but i don't know if it is the correct thing.

Can anybody help me? Thank you!!!

--
http://sanatox.es