[GE users] Installation as root or unprevileged user

A listner gg3796 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 8 23:00:35 GMT 2007

I am installing grid 6 and want to find out what is
the best practice. Should I install it as root or as
an unprivileged user. I would like to install on the
nfs mounted filesysytem. 90% submit and exec hosts
will be based on linux however master server will be
Solaris based Sparc machine. I want to be able to use
qrsh qmake and qtcsh etc.

Can I install it as root but run services as an
unprivileged user?

Thanks,
-S