[GE users] Installation as root or unprevileged user

Thu Mar 8 23:06:08 GMT 2007

The recommended practice is to install as root.  At the beginning of the
installation process, the install script will ask you for the name of an
unprivileged user as which to run.  The default is to use sgeadmin.  If
you do not install as root, only the user as whom the software is
installed will be able to submit jobs.

Daniel