[GE users] [Fwd: Re: [GE dev] Google Summer of Code?]

Fri Mar 9 19:50:38 GMT 2007

Cross-posting from dev list.

Daniel

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [GE dev] Google Summer of Code?
Date: 	Fri, 09 Mar 2007 11:17:27 -0800
From: 	Daniel Templeton <Dan.Templeton at Sun.COM>
To: 	dev at gridengine.sunsource.net

I am seriously looking at the GSoC application.  I think it would be
good for us as a product and as a community.

One of the elements of the application is preparing an ideas page that
lists potential projects for the GSoC.  Since this is a community event,
rather than handing this down from above, I thought it would make sense
to open this up to the community.  I have created a page on the
gridengine.info wiki where everyone can contribute ideas:

http://wiki.gridengine.info/wiki/index.php/GSoCIdeas

Please note that this is not a guarantee that we will apply or that if
we apply, we'll be accepted, or that if we are accepted, that anything
on the list will actually get done.  This is just a brainstorming
exercise about what ideas the community has about work that needs to be
done.  This page will be used as part of the decision process by Google
to determine which project applications to accept.  If we do apply and
are accepted, this page will then be a starting point for ideas for
students interested in applying to work on Grid Engine.

So, don't be shy.  If there's something you'd like to see in the
software, add it to the list.  I suspect that the more activity we have
there, the attractive our application will be.  Assuming, of course,
that we do finally decide to apply. :)

BTW, the application deadline is Monday.

Daniel

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help at gridengine.sunsource.net