[GE users] changing gridadmin user from root to sgeadmin

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri Mar 9 20:42:45 GMT 2007

Hi,

Am 09.03.2007 um 20:49 schrieb A listner:

> How can I change gridadmin user from root to sgeadmin?

I never tried to change it after the installation, but it seems to be
defined in $SGE_ROOT/default/common/bootstrap.

So you defined a user sgeadmin already in the OS?

I would simply shutdown the daemons, change it, and see what's
happening at the next start. Maybe you have to change the owner of
the spool and default directories also "chmod -R sgeadmin:gridware
$SGE_ROOT/default/spool" (and for common) to allow the new admin user
to write there (e.g. the accounting file).