[GE users] Jobs are allocated in only 1 slot

Daniel Sánchez Pedre?o sanatox at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 20:29:35 GMT 2007


    [ The following text is in the "ISO-8859-1" character set. ]
    [ Your display is set for the "ISO-8859-10" character set.  ]
    [ Some special characters may be displayed incorrectly. ]

ok, i finally solved it. the problem was related to gid_range (it was too
small). i changed it with qconf -mconf and make a reschedule of the queue.
thanks for your answers.

Chau!!!

On 3/10/07, Daniel Sánchez Pedre?o <sanatox at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> so, i think all settings are set properly. as i said, i have nodes with 1
> uniprocessor (1 slot/each), 1 dual-processors (2 slots/each), and 2
> dual-processors (4 slots/each). what is the thing that does that not all
> slots were fill with jobs?. because are enough free-slots for them, no
> limits are set, and the reason which a job says to be queued is that all
> queues instances are full when this is not true. i'm crazy about this. maybe
> a bad install of sge?
>
> thanks for any advice
>
> On 3/9/07, Reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de> wrote:
> >
> > Depending on the number of nodes, it might be easier to use
> > hostgroups instead of machine names:
> >
> > slots 1,[my2core_node=2],[my4core_node=4]
> >
> > -- Reuti
> >
> > Am 09.03.2007 um 17:24 schrieb Daniel Sánchez Pedre?o:
> >
> > > more information. i have three kinds of nodes: 1 slot, 2 slots, and
> > > 4 slots. as i said before only 1 slot per node is used
> > >
> > > On 3/9/07, Daniel Sánchez Pedre?o < sanatox at gmail.com> wrote:i use
> > > as default queue all.q and my stats of use is:
> > >
> > > TOTAL=53
> > > AVAIL=34
> > > USED=19
> > >
> > > but there are jobs stoped. i've seen that jobs try to fill the
> > > avail recourses and its state goes to "t" state but for some reason
> > > never became a "r" state an return to "qw".
> > >
> > > reuti when you say "the queue definition must reflect this" related
> > > to the differente number of cores, where i set that?
> > >
> > > Thank you man
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > On 3/9/07, Reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de > wrote: Hi,
> > >
> > > Am 09.03.2007 um 13:56 schrieb Daniel Sánchez Pedre?o:
> > >
> > > > Hi,
> > > >
> > > > i have many cmps in my system. for example, for one host in my
> > > > system, the avaliable slots are 4, but for some reason i don't
> > > > understand only one slot is used to execute jobs. Any idea?
> > > >
> > >
> > > what is the setting of "slots" in your queue definition? If you have
> > > different no. of cores in your hosts, the queue definition must
> > > reflect this.
> > >
> > > Next point: did you also define "slots" in the exec host definition
> > > to limit the number of used cores among different queues?
> > >
> > > -- Reuti
> > >
> > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe at gridengine.sunsource.net
> > > For additional commands, e-mail: users-help at gridengine.sunsource.net
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > > http://sanatox.es
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > > http://sanatox.es
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe at gridengine.sunsource.net
> > For additional commands, e-mail: users-help at gridengine.sunsource.net
> >
> >
>
>
> --
> http://sanatox.es




-- 
http://sanatox.es



More information about the gridengine-users mailing list