[GE users] bdb spooling server shutdown...

Davide Cittaro davide.cittaro at ifom-ieo-campus.it
Tue Mar 13 10:59:52 GMT 2007

Hi all, I have a question about spooling in sge.
It happens that I have to shutdown the machine that acts as bdb
spooling server for my sge cluster (hardware maintenance...) and I
hope it will take no more than 10 minutes. Unfortunately there are
jobs running and they won't finish for the shutdown time :-( So...
what happens if spooldb is unavailable for a while? Also, is it
possible to change spooldb while jobs are running? In this case, is
there a documented procedure to dump and restore the database?

Thanks

/*
Davide Cittaro
HPC and Bioinformatics Systems @ Informatics Core

IFOM - Istituto FIRC di Oncologia Molecolare
via adamello, 16
20139 Milano
Italy

tel.: +39(02)574303007