[GE users] Grid Engine on SPARC Linux

Darin Perusich Darin.Perusich at cognigencorp.com
Tue Mar 13 18:36:34 GMT 2007

Hi Joe,

There use to be a Beowulf cluster of Ultra5's running at the University
of Buffalo that was setup to dual boot between Linux and Solaris. I
don't know if it's still in existence, this was back around 1999/2000
but I'm sure there is someone at UB who can provide you with some
information. I was interested in Beowulf but SGE filled my needs better
so I never went forward with it.

Here are a few links to check out.
http://www.hpcwire.com/hpc-bin/artread.pl?direction=Current&articlenumber=16042
http://www.ccr.buffalo.edu/content/2000news-archive.htm