[GE users] Access to machines

Colin Thomas Colin.Thomas at csr.com
Thu Mar 15 14:04:05 GMT 2007

Hello reuti

Many thanks for your suggestion

|> We want though for them to be able to submit jobs through the grid,
|> BUT stop them from casually rsh/ssh'ing into the same node, and
|> running applications outside of the grid.
|SGE doesn't need rsh or ssh. So don't run an rshd on the machines,
|and limit the ssh login in sshd_config to some admin users
|(AllowUsers reuti).

We edited the sshd_config file per your suggestion and:

1. We can't rsh or ssh onto the machine :-)
2. we can qsub jobs to the machine :-)
3. When re try to qsh jobs we get :

waiting for interactive job to be scheduled ...
Your "qsh" request could not be scheduled, try again later.

We are assuming the qsh is using ssh then to gain access - Is this the
case?

Best regards

Colin Thoams

To get further information regarding CSR, please visit our Investor Relations page at http://ir.csr.com/csr/about/overview