FW: [GE users] Access to machines

Colin Thomas Colin.Thomas at csr.com
Thu Mar 15 14:21:00 GMT 2007

Hi (again)

This might be related the why the qsh does not appear...

In the cluster configuration we have :

global xterm -> /usr/openwin/bin/xterm (solaris)

for the machine we are trying to run a qsh we have:

machine xterm -> /usr/bin/X11/xterm (linux)

When the qsh fails to be run (see below) the grid is emailing:

Shepherd error:
03/15/2007 14:02:33 [1723:1813]: unable to find xterm executable
"/usr/openwin/bin/xterm" for interactive job

It would appear the global values of xterm is being used in preference
to the machines value: my comprehensive was that the local machines
value would override it ? or is this a secondary affect ?

Confused....

Best regards

Colin Thomas