[GE users] Access to machines

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Mar 15 14:52:02 GMT 2007

Hi,

Am 15.03.2007 um 15:04 schrieb Colin Thomas:

> Hello reuti
>
> Many thanks for your suggestion
>
> |> We want though for them to be able to submit jobs through the grid,
> |> BUT stop them from casually rsh/ssh'ing into the same node, and
> |> running applications outside of the grid.
> |SGE doesn't need rsh or ssh. So don't run an rshd on the machines,
> |and limit the ssh login in sshd_config to some admin users
> |(AllowUsers reuti).
>
> We edited the sshd_config file per your suggestion and:
>
> 1. We can't rsh or ssh onto the machine :-)
> 2. we can qsub jobs to the machine :-)
> 3. When re try to qsh jobs we get :
>
> waiting for interactive job to be scheduled ...
> Your "qsh" request could not be scheduled, try again later.

qsh is just starting a xterm on a node.

- there is a direct connection from the node(s) to the X-Server on
your desktop?
- your local machine has no firewall running?

This might also help:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/ReadMsg?list=users&msgNo=18787

And if you want to login per ssh to the node(s), you will have to
create an additional sshd_config file and add the option to the "ssh -
i":

-f special_sshd_config

in SGE config to use a custom configuration.

-- Reuti