[GE users] Modifying cluster config file

Colin Thomas Colin.Thomas at csr.com
Mon Mar 19 14:03:33 GMT 2007

Hi,

When you first install the execd on a machine, we get a
local_config/<machine> file which overwrites the global settings for
xterm etc.

We want to change one of these entries, so from gmon -> cluster
configuration -> modify, and we change the entries but when we try to
"okay" it throws an error box, with

"! Host <name> already exists!".

The file local_config/<machine> is created with 644 permissions, but
even giving it 777, we still get the error.

We have also noticed that if (for some reason) a machine does not have
an entry, we can create one from qmon-> cluster configuration, but that
you need to stop/start the execd daemon on the host machine, before
changes are picked up!.

We are using 6.0u9 - are other users able to "modify" cluster settings,
and use them immediately without restarting the execd ?

I look forward to your thoughts.

Best regards

Colin Thomas

To get further information regarding CSR, please visit our Investor Relations page at http://ir.csr.com/csr/about/overview