FW: [GE users] Modifying cluster config file

Colin Thomas Colin.Thomas at csr.com
Mon Mar 19 14:42:08 GMT 2007

Okay,

Via trial & error, I think I have resolved this issue:

If the daemon is unaware of the config file, nothing will happen unless
a restart is made.

If the daemon is started correctly, it is aware of this file, and can be
forced, via the suspend/resume to read it.

If you use "qconf -mconf  <machine>" you can make changes, where qmon
doesn't allow to save.

=>

1. From qmon., disable the queue@<machine> (to stop any jobs being taken
when you are making the changes)

2. qconf -mconf  <machine> (and use a text editor to make the
appropriate changes)

3. From qmon, suspend & resume queue@<machine>

4. From qmon enable the queue again queue@<machine>

I have successfully tested this approach with a machine, changing the
xterm to something that does not work, and then resurrecting it.

There is still the bug in qmon cluster configuration -> modify, but you
can work around it with qconf...

I hope this might be useful for others...

Colin Thomas