[GE users] Testing shadow master

tmac tmacmd at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 21:06:15 GMT 2007

power off the master.

I noticed, that, eventually things return to normal.

If you are running qmon, it has to be restarted.
You may have wait some time (5 minutes?) before it is workable again
When you restart it, you may find queues in the "au" state.
When the running job finishes, it re-syncs with the new master and
returns to normal.

On 3/16/07, A listner <gg3796 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> All,
> What is the best way to test shadow master in the full
> production environment?
>
> -S

--tmac

RedHat Certified Engineer