[GE users] Newbie question about project per user (unix) group ?

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Mar 20 12:13:25 GMT 2007

Am 20.03.2007 um 11:13 schrieb Xavier Beaudouin:

> Hi :)
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Am 19.03.2007 um 17:34 schrieb Xavier Beaudouin:
>>
>>> I want to setup a defaut project per user depending of what goup id
>>> (unix
>>> way) it have.
>>>
>>> Is it possible ? If it is, how can I set that ?
>>>
>>> Using policies for example.
>>>
>>> Sorry if this question is stupid, but I didn't yet find a way to
>>> handle that.
>>
>> if you add the user with "qconf -auser myname" you can specify a
>> default project there. This process you want to automatize?
>
> Yes this is the idea... eg adding the "default_group" automaticaly
> based
> on a group or secondary group.
>
> We use in our network ldap (nss_ldap, ...) as directory system for
> authentication and whatever... It should be cool if we can get such
> information in one place if possible our ldap servers are IMHO a good
> candidate for such information.

Mmh, you could use something like:

qconf -Muser <(qconf -suser reuti | sed
s/"^default.*"/"default_project `id -g -n reuti`"/)

as idea in a loop for all users instead of just one. Of course, the
projects must have the name of the group unless you grep it from
another file or use other mapping techniques.

HTH - Reuti