[GE users] Wrong job executing

Jeffrey Montesano jmontesano at aetheranetworks.com
Wed Mar 21 14:32:23 GMT 2007

To launch a regression, we submit several jobs (more than 10) during the
day to a queue which is open from 8pm until 7am.  These jobs remain in
the "qw" state until 8pm, at which time they all compete for the 4
available CPU slots.

When the regression results are verified the next day we notice that
some jobs have executed twice, while others have not executed at all.
For example, if the jobs launched were A, B, C, D, E,  we notice that
there are logfiles created for A, B, C, D, E, but the contents of
logfiles A and C both correspond to job A.  It's as if job C was
executed as job A.

Can anyone help to resolve this issue?

Jeff Montesano

Hardware Verification Engineer

1375 Trans Canada Hwy, Suite 610

Dorval, Quebec, Canada

Office : 514-684-2228

jmontesano at aetheranetworks.com

    [ Part 2, "image001.gif"  Image/GIF (Name: "image001.gif") 1.8 KB. ]
    [ Unable to print this part. ]