[GE users] GridEngine Admin User Requirements

Rayson Ho rayrayson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 22:10:49 GMT 2007

AFAIK, there is nothing special about the admin user. As long as it:
1) has the same uid on all the nodes
2) can write to $SGE_ROOT in the NFS vol.

However, there are some binaries that need to setuid, those are:
$SGE_ROOT/utilbin/<arch>/rsh, rlogin

A few ways to get around the problem:
1) don't use qrsh at all, or
2) place SGE's rsh and rlogin in the local vol, and create sym. links
to them from the NFS vol, or
3) use the SGE-SSH integration

Rayson