[GE users] Grid Engine on SPARC Linux

Sebastian Stark stark at tuebingen.mpg.de
Thu Mar 22 12:27:22 GMT 2007

On 13.03.2007, at 19:38, McDonagh, Joe wrote:

> Thank you for the response, a cluster of sparcs on linux instead of
> solaris seems to be pretty rare, thanks for the links!

We don't have compute nodes with linux/sparc, but our master node
running sge is linux/sparc (Ubuntu 6.06 LTS).

Compilation of the current 6.1beta CVS branch was smooth with -Werror
and everything seems to work so far.

Now let's wait and see how it will behave in a production environment.

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Stark -- http://www.kyb.tuebingen.mpg.de/~stark
Max Planck Institute for Biological Cybernetics