[GE users] Changing 'tmpdir' on a job basis

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Mar 22 12:30:02 GMT 2007

Am 22.03.2007 um 12:50 schrieb Ionel GARDAIS:

> Hi,
>
> Well, in fact, the problem is the opposite one.
> Instead of having $TMPDIR set to "<sge_tmpdir>/<sge_jobid>", it has to
> be "/some/where/over/the/rainbow".
>
> The path "/some/where/over/the/rainbow" changes job to job, based on a
> user-defined value.
> But I still need the machine file. And the directory should not be
> deleted after job completion.

Then I would simply ignore the $TMPDIR and adjust the startscript for
your PEs to write the machinefile to another location.

Or copy in the jobscript the machinefile from $TMPDIR/machines to
your destination directory.

> Well, another solution could be to change the variable name SGE use
> for
> tmpdir.
> Do I need to recompile SGE for this (using SGE_TMPDIR and SGE_TMP
> instead of TMPDIR and TMP) ?

You can change the value of TMPDIR in your jobscript if you like to
do so.

-- Reuti