[GE users] pe_hostfile contains wrong hosts

mac muff alfcnm at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 23 07:24:47 GMT 2007

I submitted an MPICH job with a machine file that lists only a subset of all
my available compute nodes. The job executed by mpirun runs properly on that
list of nodes, but the PE_HOSTFILE created by the GRID Engine wrongly shows
other nodes that are not in the machine file are being used. "QSTAT" also
wrongly displays the queues being used as the queues from the created
PE_HOSTFILE.

As a result, the actual nodes that are running the job turn up as free
queues.

I'm actually using Rocks 4.2 with SGE. My previous experience with Rocks 3.3
had no such issues. Does anyone share this problem?

Find just what you are after with the more precise, more powerful new
Windows Live Search. http://search.msn.com.sg/ Try it now.