[GE users] How to limit maximun number of jobs per user

Daniel Ruiz druiz at aomail.uab.es
Mon Mar 26 08:39:51 BST 2007

Hi!!

I'm trying to limit the maximum number of jobs per user in SGE 6.0. I
have read that "max_u_jobs" parameter limits maximum jobs per user
(pending + running), but I have found if I change the value of that
paremeter and write, for example, 2, this new value is referenced to the
all jobs submited for the user, including jobs submited days or months ago.
In my case, there are users who has submited 200 jobs (sometimes more
than one concurrently), but now we want to limit 2 jobs concurrently. If
a existing user who has already submited 200 jobs submit a new job, SGE
retuns the following error (warning...): "Unable to run job: job
rejected: Only 1 jobs are allowed per user (current job count: 1)."

Who can I limit now the maximum user jobs if a existing user has
submited more than the new limit?

Thanks.