[GE users] Olesen-FLEXlm-Integration with mathematica

Olesen, Mark Mark.Olesen at arvinmeritor.com
Mon Mar 26 10:54:09 BST 2007

> I would like to know if someone succeed to adapt the qlicserver script
> from Olesen-FLEXlm-Integration package for mathematica.
> mathematica doesn't use flexlm and the output of the license manager

You'll notice that the qlicerver contains a number of 'packages', which are
the Perl way of designating a namespace or a class. The 'License' class has
been designed to merge all the queries together:

   package License;
   sub query {
       my ($caller) = @_;
       return +{ map { %{ $_->query() } } @License::Manager };
   }

You'll just need to replicate the Flexlm class and modify it for
Mathematica. In a rough form with the absolutely essential features:

package Mathematica;
BEGIN {
     # register with 'License' class - this is essential
    push @License::Manager, __PACKAGE__;
}

sub query {
  ## return hash reference structured like Flexlm
}

Setting the correct query string and parsing the output are the remaining
details that you have to fill in. When you get it working, think about
adding the information to the wiki.

/mark

This e-mail message and any attachments may contain legally privileged, confidential or proprietary Information, or information otherwise protected by law of ArvinMeritor, Inc., its affiliates, or third parties. This notice serves as marking of its ?Confidential? status as defined in any confidentiality agreements concerning the sender and recipient. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.