[GE users] Installing with BerkeleyDB spooling server

Joachim Gabler Joachim.Gabler at Sun.COM
Tue Mar 27 13:50:37 BST 2007

John Leidel wrote:
> This sounds logically, but what *actually* happens at the step that the
> qmaster install prompts the user to run `inst_sge -db` to install the
> database?? [which occurs previous to this step]

The inst_sge -db will install the BDB RPC server.
It creates the necessary directories, the rc script, and starts up the
RPC server.
It does not yet create any databases - this is done by spoolinit in the
qmaster installation.

   Joachim