[GE users] Array jobs have priority?

Thu Mar 29 23:48:16 BST 2007

Terri,

The sharetree ticket policy assigns shares to jobs according to the
sharetree and the order of the jobs.  Unless you've assigned override
tickets, the order of the jobs when the sharetree is evaluated will be
the submit order.  That means that if both users are in the same project
and have the same share entitlement, the sharetree tickets will just
enforce the submit order with respect to those two users' jobs.

There are several ways to deal with the problem.  For a one-off fix,
just assign the second user enough override tickets to get his jobs
scheduled.  For a real fix, you should probably configure functional
tickets and/or urgency tickets.  Alternatively, if it makes sense, you
could change the sharetree entitlement for one or both users.

Daniel